Friday 3 July 2009

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

These were the reasons why I hardly started this historical romance...let alone finished it.

1. Actually I don't really like the name 'Ian' for a romance hero.

2. Red haired guys do nothing for me.

3. Too many big shouting brothers too early on in the novel...so obviously being set up for sequels.

4. The sheer fantastical coincidence that Beth goes to Paris to paint and meets another Mackenzie brother.

5. Beth gets emotional about opera.

...and generally the whole noise and presence of what seemed like enormous numbers of characters made the novel seem more like a version of the rumbustious Pickwick Papers than an emotionally involving romance.

...but that's just my opinion.

Remember. I am not a professional reviewer. No way would I finish a book I don't like. No matter how good the reviews are. That's school stuff.

No comments: