Tuesday 21 August 2007

Demon Moon by Meljean Brook

The cover is completely misleading.

This is an inter-racial paranormal romance. Hindi and American. So why hide it? Are the readers not allowed to make informed choices before they buy their books?

What's more. Demon Moon is full of the value system of the elitist diaspora of a different culture. While I know plenty of women who are put under pressure by various relatives to marry and/or have kids I'm really not interested in reading about it in anything other than a social tract.

I got to page 50 where the heroine started perusing the on-line marriage ads in order to keep her shitty granny happy and then I gave up. Give me potty-mouthed Abby any day. At least she knew her relations were trash.

Arundhati Roy is not for me and neither is this.

But I'd be more than happy to read the story of Gideon and Savannah, the inter-racial couple from Lara Adrian's gob-smackingly lurid paranormal, Kiss of Crimson.

No comments: